Beauty Unseen is brand new UK charity based in the South-West.
· Vivienne Westwood is among the designers supporting the event.
Nine role models have been selected from all over South-West.
Each Role Model highlights a real life story overcoming a different issue.
· Sash Parker was born prematurely with Cerebral Palsy. Despite her condition, Sash has done everything from an indoor sky-dive, to snorkelling and swimming with dolphins, to para-gliding! She is an ambassador for ‘WhizzKids’ and her dream is to be a television presenter, showcasing issues surrounding disability. Sash has chosen to raise awareness for the work of ‘Cerebral Palsy Plus’. Watch Sash’s story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaKZc9KdAYA
- Charlotte Weaver from Bath was selected to design an outfit for Sash to wear in the show. She says “You are a very intelligent and inspirational young lady who has a strength of character that you can only admire. You are incredibly positive, not allowing your disability to get in the way of your dreams.
I look forward to designing you an outfit that will compliment your out-going personality and help define who you are to the outside world.
I look forward to working with you!”
· Sash is now preparing to wow the audience in October. The show will utilise all forms of the creative arts, fashion, music, dance and multimedia to challenge existing stereotypes and perceptions of the UK public.
· The first UK Beauty Unseen Live Show will take place in the Fashion Pavilion at The Mall at Cribbs Causeway on the 1st October 2016, 6-8pm, featuring an outfit donated by Vivienne Westwood, and another designed by Chinelo Bally (finalist from Great British Sewing Bee)
· The journey of the role models from the selection to the stage will be filmed & photographed, to promote each role model’s story and their charity link, see more information online www.beautyunseen.org
Interview with Sash Parker